Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I used to believe they were immortal, Mel Gibson, Tom Cruise and Harrison Ford. But one by one they fell. They were the Cary Grant, Gregory Peck and Humphrey Bogart of our time. The pretenders to the throne, the Ben Afflecks and the Brad Pitts were like the Rock Hudsons and George Peppards or William Holdens.

The question is, who will be next. Maybe there can only really be three at a time.

The only one who is still untouchable is Tom Hanks. Maybe he's the Charton Heston. He'll crack up in the end. Lol. I hope not. Maybe Mel Gibson is the Charlton Heston.

Anyway, that's all for today.

2 Comments:

Blogger John-D Borra said...

You're right. Somehow our icons just seem too eager to disappoint. I hope that Tom Hanks really does make it all the way to "Immortal" status. I can't even watch my beloved Lethal Weapon series without cringing at Gibson's fake good guy image.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Loopy said...

I'm sorry but personally, I don't think Tom Hanks will. Especially if you compare him to the likes of Cary Grant and Gregory Peck. (For on thing, they have ageless good looks going for them, while Tom Hanks was only passably cute in Big.)

Would you guys consider Laurence Olivier "Immortal"? He's such a beautiful man.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home